Sunday, April 26, 2015

It's Sunday morning

The coffee is good and it's sunny outside. It's Sunday morning and even my dog is still asleep so I am looking through the sales figures and reviews on Amazon. This is how I get to hear the voice of my readers, so I read every review. Quite a few people have reviewed every book I have written, so I recognize them when their names come up.

Amazon is pretty cool about making this possible for authors, you don't have to hunt around for your reviews, they are all collected into one page for you. Getting a positive review is a real bost and getting a critical one is good too, so long as there is a learning point from it.

One reviewer, AnnieO thinks that Peter Sparke is so totally hopeless with women that she cannot understand how he ever came to be married then divorced - great point and one I will address in the next Sparke book. This is more or less already plotted out and has the working title, "The Templar Scroll".That should be ready late summer with luck.

Right now my focus is on the first book in a new series I planning based around Scotland in the 1770's. This one is based around the Scottish legend of Sawney Bean. If you have never heard of Bean and his family of cannibals it is worth checking out the story http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sawney_Bean
Wikipedia is always a good place to start. I have moved the period into the 18th century as it was a more vibrant period (The Enlightenment).

Is the world ready for a book about an eighteenth century cannibal family?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Scott, Any update on when the next Sparke book is due out or when your new series is due out on 'sawney bean'. Really enjoyed the Sparke series and been checking your blog periodically for any updates!

    ReplyDelete